- 17,000 Brits required hospital treatment abroad in the last 5 years
- Egypt’s Coral Sea Water World attracted over 260 illness cases
Simpson Millar’s Head of Holiday Claims, Nick Harris, has just been featured in the national newspapers including the Mirror and across social media in relation to comments made about the most dangerous holiday destinations.
The stand-out points include:
- In the past 5 years over 17,000 British holidaymakers have required hospital treatment abroad due to food poisoning and accidents
- Spain and Turkey amongst worst destinations for holiday sickness
- Other problem spots for holiday injuries and accidents include Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Egypt
- One hotel in Egypt, The Coral Sea Water World, attracted over 260 illness cases
- Simpson Millar compensation pay-outs typically range from £3000 to £5000
- Top tips for staying out of trouble include exercising caution when eating from all-inclusive buffets, checking the pool is clean before use and checking the Foreign Office website before travel for the latest advice on the country you are travelling to.
Nick heads up a team of the most experienced travel claims lawyers in the industry including people that have worked in senior positions within the legal departments of Thomas Cook, First Choice and Thomson.
While this may be the busiest time of year for Simpson Millar, their lawyers are available to speak to now for a free consultation about sickness or injuries suffered on any holiday abroad. Holiday claims cases are typically ran on a no win no fee funding basis.
Nick and his team offer a friendly and easy-to-follow process of bringing claims whereby they do all the hard work for you. They can be contacted today for a free telephone consultation about the prospects of making a successful claim – and how much the case may be worth.