Get in Touch 0808 145 1353

Press Coverage

newspaper-breaking-news

In the News: the Holiday Claim Specialists

Our Holiday Claims work has made it’s way into local and national press. We’re proud to have our work featured online, on television and in the papers. See for yourself below to read more.


Publication:

 Kent Online

Inbetweeners gag leaves Sevenoaks mum, Zara Farrant with stomach-bug hell after teenagers defecated in holiday swimming pool 29th September 2014
A mum has told how she has been struck down with a potentially lethal waterborne bug after swimming in her hotel pool. Zara Farrant – who had been looking forward to her break all year – has been left with crippling stomach pains and severe diarrhoea. She says that her hotel pool was closed seven times in her two week summer holiday after teens were purposely defecating in it. View article in The Kent Online


Publication:

 The Daily Mail

‘It was like something out of The Exorcist': Hundreds of British holidaymakers confined to their rooms following mass food poison outbreak at luxury Turkish hotel 22nd August 2014
Hundreds of British holidaymakers at a five-star Turkish hotel have been hit by an outbreak of severe food poisoning. Guests at the all-inclusive Sentido Perissia Hotel in Side, which is used by Thomas Cook, have been confined to their rooms. Thomas Cook has now suspended holidays at the hotel following the suspected outbreak of norovirus. View article in The Daily Mail


Publication:

 The Daily Star

CODE BROWN! New craze sees boozed up Brits DEFECATING in hotel pools 13th August 2014
A disgusting new craze which encourages people to DELIBERATELY DEFECATE in hotel pools is sweeping holiday resorts. Boozed up Brits are engaging in the act, known as logging, and posing serious health risks to holidayers who have become infected with harmful bacteria. View article in The Daily Star


Publication:

 The Daily Mail

At least 100 British tourists fall ill after sickness bug sweeps through Egyptian resort leaving some on drips 4th August 2014
A sickness bug has left at least 100 British tourists ill, with several on drips after it swept through an Egyptian holiday resort. Holidaymakers at the Coral Sea Waterworld complex have been affected by the bug, thought to be Shigella, which causes diarrhoea, stomach cramps and fever. View article in The Daily Mail Online


Publication:

 The Mirror

Holiday Bug Leaves 100 British tourists on drips as extra doctors are drafted in 3rd August 2014
Poor hygiene blamed for sickness bug which swept through the four-star Coral Sea Waterworld complex in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, where a British girl drowned last year. View article in The Mirror


Publication:

 The Mirror

Holiday hell for British tourists after sickness bug hits Thomas Cook Cuba hotel leaving 18 on IV drips 11th April 2014
Holiday hell for many guests at Cuba’s Hotel Playa Pesquero who have reported under-cooked meals and filthy swimming pools. Sick British tourists were on IV drips last night after dozens fell ill at a Thomas Cook holiday hotel which suffered a similar outbreak last year. View article in The Mirror


Publication:

 The Daily Mail

Now there’s a suspected E.coli outbreak at Turkish hotel where hundreds of British tourists fell ill 24th August 2013
A father suffered E.coli poisoning on a Thomas Cook family holiday at a five-star Turkish hotel where hundreds of British tourists fell ill, lawyers said today. Guests at the all-inclusive Sentido Perissia Hotel in Side, have been confined to their rooms because of a mass outbreak of sickness. View article in The Daily Mail


Publication:

 The Sun

Chute to kill – Holiday dad may lose leg after smash on ‘death-trap’ slide 22nd July 2013
A fitness-mad dad fears he could lose a leg after a horrific waterslide accident on holiday in Turkey. Window fitter Des Jarvis, 45, broke his right leg in six places after flying out of the end of the chute and smashing into the pool wall opposite. View article in The Sun


Publication:

  The Daily Star

Dad of boy who nearly dies claims tour chiefs tried to buy his silence 30th September 2012
The dad of a boy who nearly died from a stomach bug after swimming in a hotel pool last night claimed tour operators tried to buy his silence. Alex Martin said he was asked to sign a contract to waive his rights over future legal action in exchange for €150. View article in The Daily Star


Publication:

 AOL Travel

Travel lawyer calls for First Choice hotel to be shut down 30th September 2012
A lawyer representing 140 families who fell ill at the Holiday Village Red Sea in Sharm el-Sheikh this summer, is calling for the hotel to be “closed down”. British tour operator First Choice markets the all-inclusive resort, where holidaymakers reported poorly-prepared food, human faeces in swimming pools and vomit in dining areas. View AOL Travel article


Publication:

 AOL Travel

British holidaymakers fall ill at luxury hotel in Turkey 22nd August 2012
Hundreds of British tourists have been hit with food poisoning at a luxury hotel in Side,Turkey. Guests at five-star all-inclusive Sentido Perissia Hotel suffered diarrhoea and vomiting after eating undercooked food. View AOL Travel article

Publication:

  Birmingham Mail

Airline lost my only wheelchair 5th February 2011
A disabled Midland man’s dream trip to Thailand turned into a nightmare when an airline lost his wheelchair on his flight home. Paul Phipps, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, said Air India left him stranded at London Heathrow after he waited three hours in the baggage reclaim area for his wheelchair, which had vanished. View article in The Birmingham Mail (archive)


Publication:

  Birmingham Mail

Wolverhampton schoolboy contracts salmonella on Egypt holiday 2nd January 2011
A dream holiday to Egypt turned into a nightmare for a Midland couple after their 11-year-old son contracted the killer bug salmonella. View article in The Birmingham Mail


Publication:

  Manchester Evening News

Families in £1/2m compensation fight after Egypt ‘holiday from hell’ 13th December 2010
Holidaymakers from Salford, Cheadle Hulme and Trafford are fighting for compensation from their travel agent after falling ill at the Egyptian hotel. They say they suffered fever, stomach cramps, sickness and diarrhoea after visiting the Holiday Village Red Sea, in Sharm-el-Sheikh. View article in The Manchester Evening News


Publication:

 The Sunderland Echo

Egyptian holiday hell for Sunderland family 7th December 2010
A dream trip to Egypt turned into a holiday from hell for the Martin family after they were all struck down by illness.The family, from Castletown, are one of more than 120 people across the country who are suing tour operators First Choice after contracting cryptosporidium, a form of food poisoning. View article in The Sunderland Echo