- Simpson Millar travel lawyers inundated with illness complaints
- Diarrhoea, nausea and abdominal cramps ruining family holidays
- Tour operator First Choice scrutinised yet again
Simpson Millar have been instructed by holidaymakers returning from the Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt who have been stuck down with holiday illness. Symptoms of abdominal cramps, diarrhoea and nausea.
The property, part of the hotel chain Coral Sea, is promoted by tour operator First Choice Holidays offering 7 restaurants and 5 swimming pools. The First Choice Holiday Village brand is described as the “ultimate family holiday.” In reality we have been advised that family holidays have been ruined with reports of:
- Poor hygiene standards at the hotel
- Birds present in the dining areas
- Undercooked food being served
- Food being served at incorrect temperatures
- Food being stored outside
- Dirty swimming pools
- Numerous cases of holiday illness being reported
- Holidaymakers requiring medical treatment
The Red Sea Holiday Village is well known to Simpson Millar. We are representing client’s from as far back as 2013. It is concerning to note that despite the tour operator and the hotelier being aware of these issues further holidaymakers are still being exposed to contracting illnesses such as:
These holiday illnesses can have lasting effects. We would therefore urge anyone who has been affected by illness during their holiday to seek medical attention.
If you have been unwell whilst on holiday and would like advice or assistance in relation to your holiday illness in Egypt, then we would be happy to discuss your potential claim with you.