So, let’s cut to the chase, you have been away on a package holiday and something went wrong i.e. an illness or an injury that wasn’t your fault. What many holidaymakers are unaware of is that holidays defined as “package holidays” are regulated and there are various form of legislation that can help you to claim back money that you have spent and to compensate you for the pain and suffering you may have experienced.
The following regulations have helped many holidaymakers bring claims against their UK tour operators:
- Package Travel Regulations
- Montreal Convention, and
- Athens Convention
What does this mean and how does it help me?
This means you are entitled to bring a claim against your UK tour operator rather than having to make a claim in the country where the illness or injured occurred.
What can I claim compensation for?
Your accident or illness claim will include the following areas:
- Expenses: cost of medical treatment and your excess on any travel insurance policies you have
- Experience: the fact that your holiday was ruined
- Enjoyment: you failed to enjoy your holiday because of an illness or an accident
- Wages Lost: any wages you have lost as you were unfit to work whilst recovering from your illness or accident
- Care costs: if you have needed to get extra help and care
- The Future: any potential costs you may have to pay in the future or will lose in the future because of the accident or illness
- Pain and Suffering: compensation award based on the level of seriousness of your injury of illness
How much does it cost?
We offer a no win no fee holiday compensation claim service and you will pay us nothing unless we win substantial compensation for you.
Our team will assess your claim prospects and give you an honest assessment of the likelihood of success so you are in control every step of the way as to how to proceed.
Our holiday claims solicitors are experts in their field and will work hard to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled too. We promise to keep it simple and ensure all the advice you receive is clear and jargon free every step of the way.
Get in touch for a chat about how we can help you by filling in our quick, no obligationand we will call you back or you can call us directly on 0808 145 1353.